Homeschooling, farm life and our love of earth

"Everything that happens to you is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your own life and be taught by it." ~Polly Berrien Berends

Wednesday, 27 January 2010

FIBRE AND WOOL CLUBS




SEASONAL SOCK CLUB


I am really excited to launch my sock club, I have been planning this for a while and finally have the details sorted out..


Each season I choose a photo/painting as my inspiration and then dye up the wool based on my interpretation. The photo will be sent to you to see and you will then choose to opt in or opt out. Once eveyone has confirmed I will then dye the wool, each ball is 120g -20g more than usual so that knee highs /shawls can be knitted- and will come with 10g of co-ordinating imported luxury sock wool. These wools will be dyed using more time consuming dye methods with the intention of creating ‘yarn art’


This season the photo is of agathpanthus and the luxury wool is 70%merino and 30% peace silk.



photo courtesy of denizyildiz :)


The cost is R150 per season and this includes postage. I will be dyeing it next week so If you would like to join in the fun then let me know and I can dye for you at the same time.


Skeins are dyed side by side as one skein for maximum matching so I you want to double up then this will be possible.


Co-ordinating plain colours available on request in 25g or 50g or 100g balls.


And some exciting news for spinners, I will also be dyeing ROVING in the same colours. 100g Superwash merino and 50g tussah silk and it also cost R150 -incl postage- per season.


Dyes used are professional colorfast/fade resistant acid dyes.


Items are machine washable cold, gentle dry or lay flat to dry.


I look forward to dyeing for you all.



No comments:


View My Stats